getting started


Two of the most powerful tools we use in the fight against tax debt are the 8821 and 2848 forms. Together, they allow us to begin the tax resolution process and empower us to represent your interests before the IRS. For many, signing a power of attorney form is a new experience, and the process can be intimidating. So here they are for your review. And of course if you have any questions, we’re here to help!


Tax forms from the 4506 series are filed to request copies or transcripts of previously filed tax returns and tax information from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Copies may be needed to complete a current year tax return, to amend a prior year tax return, to file a claim for refund or abatement or to defend an IRS audit.


This form is used to retrieve past tax transcripts that are on file with the IRS.  This is one of the most important tools in our arsenal when we advocate on your behalf with the IRS. With the IRS Form 4506T, we can order 1040 (individual), 1120/1120S (business), 1065 (business), Wage and Income, 1041 and 990 transcripts.

Transcript Request Form


The U.S. Tax Advocates Contingency Agreement is needed for us to begin work on your behalf. It states the terms of our services and the cost to you as the client. Don’t forget, you ONLY pay us if we save you money. If we don’t save you money, you don’t owe us a penny. 

Contingency Agreement


The 2848 is a limited IRS power of attorney form, providing us authority to represent your interests directly with either the IRS or state collection authorities. This is not an estate power of attorney form, it is only used for tax purposes. Much like an attorney representing you in a courtroom, this allows your assigned attorney or tax relief professional to speak on your behalf with either revenue officers or IRS agents, and is a very powerful tool in the tax relief process.

Power of Attorney

Don’t let tax debt stress you out. We can help.